Restrict-CKD™ canine wet diet is a phosphorus and protein-restricted diet with highly digestible ingredients and excellent palatability to support dogs with IRIS stage 2-4 renal disease, dogs with liver failure, and dogs with severe proteinuria.
Antioxidants in the sweet potato and turkey help support the immune system and the inclusion of prebiotics (FOS) helps maintain gastrointestinal health. Moderate restriction of sodium allows the diet to be used in dogs with hypertension, heart failure, and liver failure. High levels of omega-3 fatty acids are present in the diet, which may provide anti-inflammatory effects in patients with heart disease and inflammatory renal and liver diseases.
Click HERE to view the detailed diet page.
- Water, sweet potatoes, turkey, potatoes, potato starch, turkey liver, sunflower oil, potato protein, marine microalgae, calcium carbonate, guar gum, cassia gum, fructooligosaccharides, potassium chloride, vitamins, taurine, magnesium chloride, minerals, choline chloride, dl-methionine, vitamin E supplement.
- Reduced levels of highly digestible protein
- Phosphorus restriction
- Sodium restriction
- High levels of omega-3 fatty acids (EPA/DHA/DPA)
- Excellent palatability
- High digestibility
- Added prebiotics (fructooligosaccharides) to maintain gastrointestinal health
- Renal disease - IRIS stage 3-4 (+/- 2)
- Proteinuria and protein-losing nephropathy
- Heart failure (any cause), including patients with concurrent renal disease
- Liver disease due to porto-systemic shunt
- Liver failure