Healthy Reduction-MCS™ canine wet diet is higher protein, lower energy, and provides a nutrient profile appropriate to support lean body mass in dogs that require calorie restriction for weight loss. Reduced caloric density allows for a more satisfying food volume and, along with high palatability, improves owner compliance and success during a weight-loss program.
Overweight dogs are at higher risk of osteoarthritis and weight loss can improve clinical signs. Supplementation with rich sources of omega-3 fatty acids (EPA/DHA/DPA) provides an evidence-based method to help reduce joint inflammation in the management of dogs with osteoarthritis. Inclusion of prebiotics (FOS) helps maintain gastrointestinal health.
Click HERE to view the detailed diet page.
- Water, turkey, sweet potatoes, turkey liver, potato protein, potato starch, pea fibre, dried egg product, tricalcium phosphate, marine microalgae, guar gum, fructooligosaccharides, vitamins, minerals, taurine.
- Higher protein levels to maintain lean body mass during calorie restriction for weight loss
- Reduced caloric density
- Higher levels of omega-3 fatty acids (EPA/DHA/DPA)
- Increased levels of micronutrients to ensure adequate nutrient delivery during calorie restriction
- Moderate to low sodium content
- Moderate fat content
- Excellent palatability
- Moderate fibre content, with added prebiotics (fructooligosaccharides), maintains gastrointestinal health and normal stool volume.
- Complimentary dry and wet diets provide an option of combination feeding (dry and wet), which may increase the success and compliance of weight loss, weight maintenance, and/or joint health programs
- Weight loss
- Weight maintenance, and/or transition needs after successful weight-loss programs
- Inactive or sedentary lifestyle
- Risk of orthopedic disease and high physical demand activities
- Post-orthopedic surgery
- Physical rehabilitation patients
- Acute and chronic pancreatitis - dependent on patient