Low Fat Kangaroo-MAINT™ canine dry diets contain a limited number of highly digestible, low-fat ingredients that provide a nutrient profile that is appropriate for fat-intolerant diseases and suspected adverse reactions to food.
Low Fat Kangaroo-MAINT™ canine dry diets contain a limited number of highly digestible, low-fat ingredients that provide a nutrient profile that is appropriate for fat-intolerant diseases and suspected adverse reactions to food. Inclusion of low-fat kangaroo and low-fat sweet potato results in a nutritionally complete novel protein diet that is one of the lowest fat therapeutic diets available.
Antioxidants in the sweet potato help support the immune system while the optimal blend of fibre and inclusion of prebiotics (FOS) help maintain gastrointestinal health. Moderate phosphorus content facilitates use in allergic patients with concurrent IRIS stage 1 and 2, non-proteinuric renal disease.
Sale of this product is prohibited in California.
Click HERE to view the detailed diet page.
- Kangaroo, dried chickpeas, dried potatoes, potato protein, pea protein, dried peas, dried sweet potatoes, natural flavor, sunflower oil, (preserved with mixed tocopherols), coconut oil, calcium carbonate, dicalcium phosphate, salt, fructooligosaccharides, vitamins, choline chloride, minerals, taurine, mixed tocopherols, rosemary extract.
- Low fat
- Novel animal protein source (kangaroo)
- No animal fat, corn, or wheat (potential allergen sources)
- Moderately low phosphorus content (dry diet)
- High palatability
- High-quality protein for lean body mass
- High digestibility
- Optimal blend of fibre maintains gastrointestinal health
- Added prebiotics (fructooligosaccharides)
- Adverse reactions to food (dermatologic and gastrointestinal)
- Acute and chronic pancreatitis
- Acute gastroenteritis
- Protein-losing enteropathies (PLE) and lymphangiectasia
- Gall bladder diseases, including mucocele
- Patients with allergic or fat intolerant disease with concurrent IRIS stage 1-2 non-proteinuric renal disease