Plant-Based canine dry diet contains a limited number of plant-based ingredients making it appropriate for an elimination diet trial and maintenance option in dogs suspected to have allergic skin or gastrointestinal disease.
Plant-Based canine dry diet contains a limited number of plant-based ingredients making it appropriate for an elimination diet trial and maintenance option in dogs suspected to have allergic skin or gastrointestinal disease. Fava beans, quinoa, and millet provide unique non-animal protein novel protein and carbohydrate sources. Algae provides a vegetable-based omega-3 source in order to manage the most sensitive allergy patients. A blend of fibre sources, and the addition of prebiotics, helps to maintain gastrointestinal health.
This diet is carefully formulated to provide recommended levels of all essential amino acids, including methionine and cystine. It is also supplemented with taurine and carnitine to support heart health.
Click HERE to view the detailed diet page.
- Quinoa, fava protein, millet, fava bean, coconut oil, natural flavoring, tomato pomace, dicalcium phosphate, pumpkin, calcium carbonate, salt, marine microalgae, threonine, fructooligosaccharide, choline chloride, taurine, methionine, vitamins & minerals, L-carnitine, tryptophan, mixed tocopherols, rosemary extract.
- Unique plant-based protein sources
- No animal protein, animal fat, corn or wheat (potential allergen sources)
- Unique vegetable omega-3 fatty acid provision provides a source of EPA/DHA/DPA
- Coconut oil provides a source of medium chain triglycerides (MCT)
- Moderate fat content
- Added prebiotics (fructooligosaccharides)
- Blend of soluble and insoluble fibre to support the gastrointestinal microbiome
- Adverse reactions to food (dermatologic and gastrointestinal)
- Growing puppies with adverse reactions to food (dermatologic and gastrointestinal)
- Acute or chronic pancreatitis (patient-dependent*)
- Non-copper associated liver disease (patient-dependent*)
- Consideration for individual patients with liver failure, hepatic encephalopathy and porto-systemic shunts (patient-dependent*)
*case consultation is recommended